Providing the ITIN or SSN in KSIS for Domestic Students


Domestic students can enter their ITIN or SSN in KSIS.  K-State needs your ITIN or SSN number to report annual qualified educational expenses to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.  For more information visit the University Cashier's Office Tax Info web page.


  • Students
  • Staff


To provide your ITIN or SSN follow these steps:

  1. Log into KSIS with your eID and password.
  2. On the right, click the Navbar.
  3. Follow the path of Menu > Self Service > Campus Personal Information.

    Picture of the navigation path to get to Campus Personal Information
  4. Select Enter SSN or ITIN Number at the bottom of the options.
  5. If your SSN is already in KSIS the last 4 digits will be displayed. If this is not correct, email the Registrar's Office.

    Picture of SSN Confirmation and E-Mail Registrar's office button
  6. If your SSN is not in KSIS, enter it in the fields provided. Check the "I confirm" statement, then click Submit.
  7. After your SSN is submitted the confirmation statement appears.
  8. If you are unable to provide your SSN at this time, click Provide SSN Later and the following confirmation statement appears:

    Note: If you do not provide your SSN within two weeks of notification an enrollment hold is placed on your account.
Print Article


Article ID: 224
Wed 6/1/22 7:23 PM
Tue 5/14/24 1:22 PM

Related Articles (1)

Register for an eID to get access to K-State systems.